In a recent project, our team was assigned to develop an eLearning course for a company that needed a certificate upon completion. However, they also requested that the certificate displays the learner’s responses to different questions throughout the course.
|Get in Touch|
|Looking for eye-catching and interactive eLearning content.|
In this blog post, you will learn a step-by-step procedure for creating a printable certificate for your Articulate Storyline course.
Step 1: Add the quiz questions in the course.
Step 2: Create the certificate design and keep it in a folder.
Step 3: Create variables for assigning the correct values for every question.
Step 4: Now, add the following triggers to the incorrect layer of every question. These variables will be accessed on the certificate page to show the user’s responses.
Repeat the steps for all the questions.
Step 6: To get the student name on the certificate, create a variable username or you can pull the username from the LMS.
Step 7: Now add the following script on the result slide.
Till here we have completed Storyline coding. Now, we will work on the certificate page to access the username and the correct answers.
How do you create a HTML file in storyline?
|Get in Touch|
|Develop a customized solution that meets your organization’s training needs.|
Step 8: Create an HTML file with the following code.
Step 9: Now create the variable in the HTML file and add the following code which will call the Articulate Storyline variables values.
Step 10: The following code will store the value of the correct answer and hide the incorrect responses.
How do you add a certificate to Storyline after publish?
Step 11: Now publish and view the output.
Note: Make sure to create a certificate folder in the story_content folder after every publish and keep the certificate there.
Check the working demo by clicking the download button provided below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do you print a slide in modern player on Storyline 360?
Classic Player: To set up a print slide action in Articulate Storyline, access the trigger wizard, select the desired slide, and configure the trigger event.
Modern Player: In the latest version of storyline, you can even add a print slide trigger to a custom player tab on the modern player default, so learners can print the current slide they’re on or any slide you define, such as a certificate slide.
Referral link: https://articulate.com/support/article/Storyline-360-Print-Slide-Trigger
2. How do I export a Storyline 360 to a Word document?
To export a Storyline course to a Word document, you can follow these steps:
- Open your Storyline course in Storyline 360.
- Click on the “Publish” tab on the Storyline ribbon.
- The Publish window will appear, select the “Word” tab on the left-hand side of the window.
- Enter the title you want to appear in your Word document.
- Select the location on your computer where you want to save the Word document.
- Select the required properties and choose the screen size according to your preference.
- Click the “Publish” button to start the export process.
3. How to Publish Storyline 360 as HTML5?
To publish Storyline 360 as HTML5, follow these steps:
- Click “Publish” in the Storyline 360 ribbon.
- Select “Web” and then “HTML5” as the output format.
- Adjust other settings as needed.
- Click “Publish” and wait for the process to finish.
- Open the “story.html” file in the output folder to view the HTML5 output.