Have you ever come across various storyline versions i.e., Storyline 1, 2, 3 and 360? What did you observe when you click on a story size?
Yes, the obvious answer is the slide size, which is preset toThe default size in Articulate Storyline is 720 pixels width by and 540 pixels height.
Will that preset slide size is changeable or unchangeable?
Yes, of course! The slide size can be changed according to the requirement of the user.
Follow the steps below to change your slide sizethe resolution.
- Go to Design tab on the ribbon and select Story Size option which is at the top left corner below the file option.
- A popup will appear on the screen called “Change Story Size” and select the size of the slide.
- Next, click on the Story Size drop-down and select if you want to customize the size of the slide.
- When you try to increase the size of the slide, you will be getting two more options in the window as “Scale to Fit” and “Fill Background”.
- Scale to Fit let your content fits in the new slide, whereas Fill Background option let you to select the ‘story position’ whether to top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, etc.,
- Make sure to check the “Lock aspect ratio” box so as to avoid the rearranging of objects with respect to the changes in new slide.
- Next, try to decrease the slide size, you get two more options in the window as “Scale to fit” and “crop”. Scale to Fit, the content fits to your new slide size.
- Unlike Fill Background option here you have Crop For instance, select ‘Crop’ option and you can see Next button will be in active state.
- Then, select the Next option, where you can see a crop area for each slide in your project.
- Change the position of the crop area by dragging the green color box.
- Then click on OK to accept the new slide changes.
This option in the Storyline gives you to set the story size to meet the device compatibility. and the needs of the learners and to create custom elearning courses.