Adobe Captivate 2017 has come up with a new feature, adding closed captions for videos.
In Captivate, we can insert video either as an Event or Multi-Slide Synchronized Video. To add closed captions, we need to insert video as Multi-Side Synchronized Video.
Let’s see the steps to add closed captions to a video:
- Go to Media tab in captivate ribbon and select Video option from the drop down list.
- Now, select the Multi-Slide Synchronized Video.
- Click on the Browse button to select the video file and then click OK.
- Next, click on Edit Video Timing option.
- Now, click on Closed Captioning tab on top of the window.
- Place the cursor at the desired position on the video timeline to add the closed captions.
- Then, click on the plus (+) sign and add the closed caption text.
- Enter your text in the caption field.
- You can also format the text by clicking on CC settings button.
- In this settings, you can customize the font type, alignment, size, color, position, etc.
- Here, you can see a checkbox, Show Closed Captions. Unless you check this box, the closed caption feature is not enabled in the published course.
- Finally click on Apply and Close to save your CC settings.
Hence with these improvements in Adobe Captivate 2017, you can customize the closed captions to your videos and make it a fully responsive e-Learning course.
|OUR ELEARNING SOLUTIONS|
|Custom Elearning Development
Flash to HTML5 Conversion
Convert PowerPoint to elearning
Rapid Elearning Development
Translation and Localization