If you are looking to invest in custom eLearning solutions and unclear whether to invest in custom or off-the-shelf e-Learning, then this post is for you.
Custom eLearning is the eLearning that is adapted or customized to specific learning needs to bring improved performance with desired learning and business outcomes. Custom eLearning if designed well can have edge over classroom training. This is because it is specific – Tailored to your corporate training needs, branding values, learner styles and preferences, providing a personalized learning experience.
Template-based eLearning or off-the-shelf courses can be inexpensive and easy to develop. Whereas creating custom eLearning takes time and efforts to develop, but the returns are worth the investment and could be cost-effective in the long run. However, creating custom eLearning content development that is immersive and engaging in nature can be challenging.
The in-house team may produce the quality content but may not create effective and engaging custom eLearning. It requires the blend of instructional design and visual design expertise to create learning experience that transcends into performance. And this should be a rationale behind outsourcing eLearning development to the right eLearning vendor.
In this blog, we will explain you the five key reasons to invest in custom eLearning courseware development.
Why Invest in Custom eLearning Content Development?
- Meaningful and Engaging Content: Custom eLearning can be more relevant, meaningful, engaging and authentic as the eLearning content is tailored such that it fits your organization’s culture and context. Custom eLearning lets you create immersive scenarios and real-time examples that are ideally suited for your industry/niche.
- Aligns with your Branding and Organizational Values: Pre-built or off-the-shelf eLearning courses might not strengthen your brand values or company image. On top of that, these courses fail to accurately convey the message you want to deliver. On the other hand, custom eLearning courses are crafted accurately adhering to your brand and style guidelines. And each page and graphic are in-line with the brand and specifications of your company.
- Increases Learner Motivation and Engagement: Custom eLearning is learner centered and it addresses the factors that affect the learner’s motivation and engagement. Contextual Scenarios, simulations, and case studies are incorporated to bring the immersive learning experience. With the personalized approach, custom eLearning provides distributed workforce with the training and tools they require to enhance the performance. It also keeps a tab on employee turnover and costs associated with recruitment.
- Easy to Scale and Upgrade: Custom eLearning might seem like a high investment initially, but it’s worth it. In the long run, it is rather quick, easy and inexpensive to scale and upgrade your custom eLearning content which means a low-cost maintenance. These factors could ideally boost the training ROI of the organization.
- Reduces Compliance Violations: As the regulatory compliances vary from region to region, delivering compliance training to global workforce becomes complex.
Because the regulatory compliances which are specific to one location might vary with other regions. Now with Custom eLearning, you can design courses that are in line with local procedures and laws reducing the risk of compliance violations.
Custom eLearning comes with one time upfront cost which is high compared to off-the-shelf eLearning courses, but the benefits organizations reap are mountainous. Recent studies suggest that most of the companies chose custom eLearning to train their employees as custom eLearning is more engaging and meaningful. It also states that custom eLearning is best as it hits the two effective factors, delivery method and effectiveness.
If you are opting for custom eLearning or looking to convert your classroom-based training, then we can help you achieve your requirement. Our expert instructional designers and visual designers are highly capable of bringing your existing training content to life with creative interactivities, animations, challenging activities, branching scenarios and video content.
Before you leave, we would like you to take a look at our eLearning showcase samples.
Click the button to gain access to our showcase courses/eLearning portfolio.