One fine day, a client approached us with a unique requirement – We were asked to implement the following:
- We were supposed to create a result slide that displays, all the questions answered by the learner and his/her answer to the question along with the correct answer
- Learner must be able to print all the questions along with the answers
- All the answers must be in a listview
- As the client’s LMS don’t support this functionality, he wanted us to implement it with the course created using Storyline 2
Before we jump into the solution let’s have a quick peek at the sample we have created from the below animation.
As we know, Storyline provides a default “Review Quiz” option for the learners to compare their answers with the correct answers. But the catch here was, we couldn’t print the answers.
This variable stores the following data:
- Number of questions in the assessment
- Each question type (multiple choice, multiple responsive, etc.)
- Question text
- Correct answer
- User’s answer
- Response status (correct or incorrect)
- Time taken to attempt the question
- Time when the question was submitted
- Points awarded for a particular question
- Question number
- Question ID
At the end of the page, we have added a button that will print the HTML page.
Once the page was ready, we have added our HTML page in the result slide of Storyline by importing it as a “Web Object”.
You can download the HTML Page by clicking here.
Please have a look at the screenshot below to see the final output.
You can also download the Source of the sample course from the demo.
Please access the demo by clicking the button below.
Our Services: Custom eLearning Services, eLearning Solutions Company, Rapid Development Solutions
Wondering how to get the same variables that the g_listQuizzes provides (in Flash version) from the HTML5 version – var x = Player() not available in HTML5 ?
Any Help would be great…